Sassy&Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is up for today?

+4
butterflypanda06
Sydney Payne
Eshadowgirl
Sassy
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What is up for today? Empty What is up for today?

Post by Sassy Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:39 pm

Just a spot to check in.. say hi.. What is up for today? Hi let us know whats up.. what the weather is.. What is up for today? Shine2What is up for today? Smilie_regen, whatever you want to talk about.. What is up for today? Gossip

What is up for today? Sign8
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

What is up for today? Empty Re: What is up for today?

Post by Eshadowgirl Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:06 pm

Rained here from 4am until bout noon...Was wonderful, and we are expecting MORE.

Just spending the evening with my doggies, and working on Tie Blankets for christmas. Nothing major happened...just worked today Smile
Eshadowgirl
Eshadowgirl
Newly Joined Friend
Newly Joined Friend

Female
Number of posts : 10

http://myspace.com/eshadowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:59 pm

how cold is it there now Christie?

We've had triple digits yet... (not at work.. but at home).. What is up for today? Sweatr7

whew! it finally cooled down!! but not before my electric bill was HIGH! What is up for today? Faintthug1
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:01 am

Woke up this morning to the sound of children playing downstairs!
At first it sounded like a herd of elephants and then I realised that my crazed bunch had their stilts on and were doing something that I can only describe as the Riverdance in clogs :shock:
Didn't know where I was for a while until I turned over and saw another child holding her elbow!
To save the day my eldest raided the Harrods chocolate cake in the fridge and we had breakfast without tears on my huge bed like the Family von Trapp.
No I dont sing like Julie Andrews but I felt a rendition of my favourite things coming on.
Somehow I dont think Rogers and Hamerstein included Versace, Rodeo Drive and the Beverley Hills hotel in their lyrics!!
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-09-22

http://www.pinkandglitzy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:44 pm

That sounds wonderful Sydney!!

I just spent the last two hours putting together a small liquor cabinet... I think it will work out quite nicely....
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:23 am

Have a date with Harry Potter today...last chance to take the sprogs to see it.
woke at 5 when Himself returned from fishing....how does a rapper get involved with fishing?? my god does it get any weirder?
he announced he has a single being released in Japan this month so when I got excited he said calm down babe Ive not written it yet!! How Does that work???
Anyhow its a wonderful day here in London and after the summer we've had any sun is welcome.
Hope alls good with u guys

S.P
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:53 pm

so how was Harry Potter? I guess we didn't get the licensing on toys for it this time... or maybe the characters are too old now to warrant toys in stores for the movie.. hmmm...

Well I'm busy packing.. they are remodeling the office I am in and so we are moving to a temporary location in another building for 9 months or so.... sigh... going through files trying to sift through what needs to be archived, thrown out, saved.. etc..
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:01 am

harry Potter was disappointing! you have a good point about the age of the characters...it made a huge difference.
could do with some help making my toy giraffe for my business. wonder if ur company would be interested??

change of scene at the office huh? might be fun but the thought of all that admin you are doing fills me with horror!
sunny day today in london, Himself has gone off on his motorbike on some music mission so wont see him for the rest of the day....sexy man...love it wen he rides off on that bike...sigh
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:29 pm

nice visual..... although pics would be lovely too LOL...

doubt Mattel would do a giraffe for you.. Anti asked once for one of his characters and I looked into it.. You have to be willing to have such a huge demand for it to be worth it for them... There is not a small sum of money to create the tools for the first of a kind toy.

Well I found out our kitchen has no sink in the new office!! what?? I guess there is a breakroom up front in the building but it is quite a walk away... Im fighting to get bottled water brought in! Sigh..

although I feel more concerned for two of my employees.. they were told they were moving this month and I had them traveling in Hong Kong all month, so we had them pack up their office before they left.. now they are back the first of next week and it looks like their move is put on hold for a couple of weeks.. Pretty sure they will not be happy to find out they will be working out of boxes.. or have to unpack to only repack in a week or two!!

Well... My oldest son called me this morning.. he got his birthday present from me.. He seemed really pleased.. It was a Fossel Batman watch.. I was upset that I found out UPS left it on the steps.. someone could have walked off with it... but I guess that would have been their problem then without a signature.. I had insured it for $150.. any way its ok.. he loved it and he drives up tonight to meet his current internet interest...

crossing my fingers his trip is eventful only in positive ways!
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:27 am

Wow!! an internet interest...keep us posted Plz

Id be very interested to discover just how many is a huge demand! Once i get my members club up and running who knows how many kids might want a cute giraffe who is their mascot.

well Ive just got up for the second time. was ordered back to bed after the school run. Himself had been recording in the studio last night and so is sleeping most of the day...thats the one thing Im finding hard to adjust to...I lead an ordinary life and so spend alot of my nights alone in bed...I hate it! he is just topsy turvy!

anyhow pics...will get onto it although the photo opportunity of him in a black vest muscles bulging riding with no helmet looking amazing are over...its winter here suddenly, very cold, and it will be waterproofs or biker jacket....the vest sends me demented
;-)

take care and much love from across the pond
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:47 pm

My son called last night.. said he was 14 hours on the road and it was boring! He wanted to know how his brother Corey managed to drive all the way out to California! We.. I think he meets the girl today.. or maybe it is tomorrow.. not sure! Sure hope she doesn't cancel on him.. that would be a really sucky birthday present!! She has been wishy washy about him going up there to meet her. She better not be married!!

so.... himself.. that's an interesting name....

and I look forward to any pics you might share!

I'm still here packing at work.. archiving old stuff... sigh.. but my days are flying by!!
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eshadowgirl Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:28 pm

I watched CSI tonight((SIGH)) ...Proved to be very good, and didnt leave me hanging thank god. I hated when last season left me hanging, and i had to wait for ages for the premier. It was fantastic. I was on the edge of my darn seat....

Got a tooth pulled Tuesday..so been a bit of pain all week, but the weekend is coming and im feelin alright. May attempt the gym this weekend...Now that i can move without my head pounding.

My sister got her management position and starts training tomorrow. She'll be a shift manager of the Store shes at starting in 2 weeks, full time. Shes going between training and regular shifts now
Of course shes recovering from a double ear infection and tonsilitis. Doctor gave her the strongest antibiotics they could get, and some painpills to help her rest . thankfully shes recovering nicely.

Last weekend was the 1yr mark since my mom passed away. Been a long year, and so much has happened. I miss her so very much still....But lifes going alright....I know shes watching over me.

thats bout it for now. Might have some time this weekend to actually want to be online

Hugs n love
Eshadowgirl
Eshadowgirl
Newly Joined Friend
Newly Joined Friend

Female
Number of posts : 10

http://myspace.com/eshadowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:49 am

Himself......an irish way of saying my man....It suits him I guess.
Im half Irish something Im very proud of.

we have no decent pics of us together ...loads of him and the kids but none of us....must do something about that.
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:47 am

Hey Christie.. I would imagine this is a difficult time for you. I still think about my dad every day and miss him. I would guess the 1 yr mark will be painful..

I haven't seen CSI in a while.. I did watch the Bionic Woman the other night.. it was cool.. We should start a thread in Entertainment on the new season.. I'll do that..

Sydney.. you really should get some pictures together.. no time like the present!!

Well two of the Senior VPs at work.. one over the boys side of the business.. and the other over the girls.. decided to delegate today as Sports Spirit day.. They asked us all to dress up as our favorite team.. whether it be professional, our kids sports team.. our high school sports team, whatever.... then we got notes on our desks thanking us for our hard work and "playing together".. and how they appreciate the Mattel Team Spirit employees show every day... Starting at 11:00AM sweet treats will be available to enjoy and they will be on the look out for the Best Show of Spirit (costume!) as well as have prizes will be awarded!

I was amazed how many people do not seem to have participated..

I came in .. in my Minnesota Vikings Jersey.. its old... still looks great but has Warren Moon on it! but when he played for the Vikings, it was when I most loved football.. when I fell in love with it.. so it fits...
What is up for today? F256_1

I've also got the purple football beads on... MN vikings earings... a pin.. etc...
What is up for today? T_702
What is up for today? D_101

If I had thought ahead, i could have borrowed from my girlfriend the yellow Viking helmet and yellow braids... but I didn't think about it until this morning.... damn! What is up for today? T_320
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:28 am

Its raining HARD here today....been out but huddled inside by the tv drinking a nice chablis and eating a scrummy lunch Himself cooked for me, one of his attributes....being able to cook. Mind you the kitchen looks devasted!!

Nothing mucjh going on, waiting for the final work on my website to be completed ...seems to have taken years.

the weekend was one without kids, they went to their dads and so we spent it in bed watching tv and doing very little. Bliss

Hope y'awl had a fine one too
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:37 pm

I wondered how your website was going Sydney!

well my son (the oldest who went to Canda) came back with news his visit was wonderful....he is dreaming of a life with this girl... I told him dont' move fast! Wait and see what comes of it.. but to be happy.. The girl asked for my blessing in dating him..

wow? Never expected that one!

I said if she makes you happy, that is all I care about..

I guess she has a 12 yr old son... would that make me a grandma? uh oh....
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:14 pm

a grandma....glamerous granny more like...she sounds very polite...thats good

fingers crossed!

I am officially a fishing widow...himself has taken it up and gone off night fishing...hes decided that its relaxing and he enjoys it

sounds cold and wet to me but at least I get the bed to myself!

not what you would imaginee a rapper doing huh??? LOL

hope you all have a fab weekend and chat soon
xxx
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:22 am

I am officially a fishing widow!!!

Oh my goodness ...revolting, slimy, slippery things that wriggle away and gulp the air pathetically...im talking about the fish and not the average man!

did u know Himself even kisses them before he puts them back...no not really but a funny thought!!!

I was given the opportunity to go along too but ubtil versace does a rhinestone covered pair of fishing wellingtons and matching hat I dont think so!

tata for now
SP
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:55 pm

lol about kissing fish before putting them back!! I actually love to fish.. dont' mind baiting a hook.. have my own rod and reel and a decent one at that.. however I do like a man.. or who ever doesn't mind nearby to take the fish off.. that one is hard for me!!

well I made a big dinner today.. ham and leg of lamb.. mashed potatoes.. broccoli and cheese.. green beans.. dinner rolls and carrot cake.. all homemade..

today was the feast after Ramadan called Eid ul-Fitr. I decided to give Jack another chance.....crazy as it might be.. and he is Muslim.. silly we've been together 5 yrs and I never knew there was a holiday when Ramadan was over.. He said he never told me because he thought I'd be uncomfortable with it.. I wasn't.. I of course made it pagan with my ham.. but my sons and I do not eat lamb.. and since none of us are Muslim, I felt it was ok.. plus I love ham!!

so I cooked and cooked all day.. now I'm stuffed....
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:01 pm

Eid here too Sassy. all over for another year...Himself is a muslim too.

well Jack hmmm....I hope you are happy. I didnt know the ins and outs to be honest but Im su4re you have the wisdom to work things out

quiet here at the moment
off out tonight for cocktails

much love to you all

SP
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:49 pm

Hope your cocktails were enjoyable... and your weekend was as well..

mine was quiet but nice..

Although my son Corey was sick with a cold.. hoping I manage to miss catching it! But we carpool together so I will need a lot of luck to manage that I suppose!

A muslim as well huh? I doubt I'd date another one.. I so wish he could celebrate Xmas with me... he said we'd try to compromise this year. Not sure what that means.. maybe we'll have a holiday party w/o emphasis on it being Christmas.. not sure.. but I'll have all the festive Christmas stuff in the house.. For me its more about family and love...

My place is all decorated up for Halloween.. I took pictures but haven't downloaded from my camera yet!
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:36 am

HI everyone
spent the last week in hospital.....
ended up in the ER because i had troo much carbon dioxide in my blood which wwas slowly poisoning me...Im an asthmatic..

so after a traumatic time im alive and exhausted...wont go into details because you'll call me a drama queen.
all I will say is that a neighbour saved my life and im lucky to be here

returned home to Himself ...who had cooked me the most wonderful meal and has done each day since

the most amazing man.

I love him very much

Funny how an episode like this makes things clearer.

Hope you are all well and staying safe...Sassy with the fires
watched the news from my room in hospital with horror

Much love to you all
SP
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Wow girl! You had quite an ordeal! I am so glad you are ok!! How are you feeling now? Any after affects yet?

I'm so glad Himself is taking well care of you!! and glad things are feeling clearer!

Yes.. the fires are all around. I think the news this morning said there were like 23 fires in So California at this time! So far we seem as if we will be ok though!!
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Payne Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:24 am

Hi Sassy
well the drugs they have given me to attack the asthma are very aggressive....feels like my face is swelling as we speak.
However im getting better quickly...im a tuff old bird really.

I can breathe at least.

I seem to be a slave to Mistress Drama these days!!

Luv ya
Sydney Payne
Sydney Payne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Well perhaps when things finally settle down you can put the drama behind and enjoy life..

Did the kids do anything for Halloween?
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum