Sassy&Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Nerds Are People, Too!

Go down

Computer Nerds Are People, Too! Empty Computer Nerds Are People, Too!

Post by Sassy Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:31 pm

I read this in a Dear Margo Column... found it interesting..

are women really that shallow?

and the Star Trek Convention isn't a bad idea.... although I am also a big believer in Comic Con.... I'm sure the same applies there.... Computer Nerds Are People, Too! Superman

DEAR MARGO: I know plenty of men who are great guys with excellent jobs, who nonetheless have a hard time meeting women. Why? Most women pass by us computer nerds not realizing: We are educated; we have money; we are attentive and fun.

I have a friend, "Dave," who yearns for a girlfriend but cannot get a date to save his life. Dave's biggest complaint is that once women find out what he does, they tend to lose interest (Dave works tech support). And there are others I know in the same boat. Now, these guys are not Brad Pitts, but they are pretty average in my eyes. I am married -- but my wife is also in IT. I think women who want to find a great guy need to overlook some geekiness and see us techies for who we are. Yes, we enjoy "Star Trek" and watch anime, but we also enjoy stimulating conversation and appreciate smart, fun women.

Women looking for good guys need to go to a "Star Trek" or comic convention because there are plenty of single men with great jobs who are just aching to meet a nice woman.

Just my two cents' worth.

--- LUCKY GEEK
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down