Sassy&Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sick man fined for going to work

Go down

Sick man fined for going to work Empty Sick man fined for going to work

Post by Sassy Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:51 pm

Sick man fined for going to work

Fri Sep 14, 12:30 PM ET

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A sick Canadian bakery worker has been fined C$1,000 ($970) for ignoring an order to stay at home until he recovered from symptoms of salmonella poisoning, medical officials said on Thursday.

Health inspectors in Edmonton, Alberta, had told Adam Duerr to stay at home until tests showed he had recovered. But Duerr, 20, failed to have himself tested and went back to work.

He appeared in court on Wednesday. In addition, the bakery was fined C$1,500 and the owner C$1,000.

Gerry Predy, the medical officer at the local health authority, said the case was highly unusual.

"We almost never have people who disobey the order to stay off work," he told Reuters. There was no evidence that any customers fell ill following Duerr's return.

($1=$1.03 Canadian)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070914/od_nm/fine_odd_dc;_ylt=Au3yfThkcWelggiG.VUU4xXtiBIF
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Sick man fined for going to work Empty Re: Sick man fined for going to work

Post by Sassy Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:52 pm

I get so irritated when salaried employees (with unlimited sick days) come to work sick.. while I sit on an hourly job where we get very little sick time per year! I wish someone would fine them sometimes when they come to work sick!!
Sassy
Sassy
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down